A very special THANK YOU to Heather at Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes (NH! Woot! Woot!) for nominating That Was Vegan? for the Liebster Blog Award! If you haven’t been to her blog, go check it out immediately!
According to Heather’s post, this award is simply a way of giving recognition to new blogs and those who have fewer than 200 followers, which is a great idea! The recipient then has to select five other blogs to pass the award on.
My problem is that I don’t know 5 other new blogs! It’s not that I don’t follow a sh*t ton of other blogs, because I do… it’s just that most of them are very well established already. I did some quick googling (remember when that word used to sound dirty?) and saw that a lot of other nominees chose not to focus just on new blogs, but also on those that they love. Sort of a “pay it forward” kind of thang, ya know? I’m going to mix the two- sorry for not following the rules 🙂
And so, without further ado (in no particular order), here’s my Liebster Blog Nomination Love List! Check them out, maybe you’ll find your new favorite blog!
- Vegan Heartland. Matthew comes up with some of the most amazing cookie and treat recipes that you could ever hope to find! Also, he buys Christmas presents for his doggie Keva, which I love because I do the same thing. As a bonus, he just posted about his one-year bloggiversary, so he’s kind of new 🙂
- Epicurean Vegan. She’s definitely not new, but she’s talented and shares tons of great recipes. I make her dishes pretty regularly and have never been disappointed. She uses a great mix of fresh fruits and veggies, and “vegan junk food”, which certainly keeps this reader happy. I love me a mix of kale and Field Roast, you know… And she’s here in Colorado which makes her just a little extra awesome!
- Go Places. Megan hasn’t been posting a lot lately, but I’m really hoping she’ll get back to it because I love her blog! Also? She has the most beautiful rescued black Lab named Jasper, and she shares all sorts of great stories about him.
- Vegan Thyme. Love to bake? Or, if you’re like me, wish you could bake? Then Kelly’s blog is the place to go for some delicious vegan cake porn, believe me. And guess what else? That’s right, she loves dogs, and has a bunch of adorable rescue pups that she regularly shares stories about! (Are you seeing a trend here?)
- Lux Hippie. Vegan food is awesome, obvs. But sometimes you might want a little vegan fashion to with it, and that’s when you should head on over to Lux Hippie, cause she’s got both goin’ on!
And really, thanks to all the amazing bloggers out there who are filling the world with vegan recipes, you’re all awesome!