I luurrve me some BBQ seitan! I made sliders with creamy coleslaw a while back, but I was making lunch a few weekends ago and wanted to try something a little bit different. Something more sandwich-y, if that makes sense. Aww heck, maybe I just wanted some vegenaise, lettuce, onions and tomatoes?!
Regardless of my intentions, what I ended up with was a perfect weekend lunch for Jason and I. Quick and easy with very little clean up (I make seitan every other weekend anyway, so I already had a loaf in the fridge), yet still healthy and delicious. I cut the seitan that morning and mixed with the sauce to let it marinate for a few hours. The sweet n’ tangy bbq sauce combined with the rich vegenaise and the crispy veggies perfectly. You could serve this on bread or in a small roll… either way would be equally YUM!
BBQ Seitan Wraps (Makes 4-5 wraps)
- 1 loaf of Homemade Seitan
- 1/2 cup+ of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4-5 soft taco-sized tortillas
- A couple Tablespoons of vegenaise
- Chopped onions, tomatoes and lettuce
- Slice up the seitan until it’s in thin little bits. I slice mine in half (through the middle) lengthwise, then make very thin slices.
- Mix with BBQ sauce and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let it marinate (I left mine in for about 4 hours, or you could do overnight).
- Schmear a little vegenaise on the tortilla then layer lettuce, seitan and veggies. Roll up and stuff in your face.