Have you checked out my Buffalo Wing Tacos with Seitan yet? Deeelish, if I do say so myself 😉 However, vegans cannot live on seitan alone… sometimes we need vegetables too! And because of that, I thought I should share with you my recipe for roasted Brussels Sprouts.
But before I do that, let me share with you the one truth about Brussels that no one ever told me: Avoid the frozen kind, no matter what! I don’t care if they’re on sale. I don’t care if they’re free. I don’t care if someone is paying you to take them! They will turn out mushy and gross and you will be sorely disappointed. You will also have wasted the time you spent prepping and baking them, so just don’t do it.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Makes 6 servings)
- 1.5 lbs FRESH Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed off
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1/2 T red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Dash of powdered garlic
- 3/4 t sea salt (more to taste)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl until the sprouts are nice and coated.
- Spread them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring them around 2-3 times during. If you want to add more salt, add it when they come out of the oven. They should be crisp and slightly charred on the outside.