≡ Menu

Yes I’m back, and yes my foot is in a cast…

I’ve been quiet, but I am back from my amazing trip! I have lots of pictures to share, along with some vegan travel tips I picked up along the way, and I promise to get my butt in gear and share those soon. Of course, if you follow me on instagram you’ve already seen some of the pictures, like these:

Yes I'm back, and yes my foot is in a cast

Me in front of Angkor Wat at sunrise

Yes I'm back, and yes my foot is in a cast

Playing with elephants at the Elephant Nature Park, Thailand!

Yes I'm back, and yes my foot is in a cast

The cutest baby elephant you’ll ever see!

Yes I'm back, and yes my foot is in a cast

Frolicking on the beach in Vietnam

Here’s another picture you probably haven’t seen, because it was just taken yesterday by my podiatrist… That my friends, is a fractured metatarsal. It’s basically the side of the ball of my foot, where the fracture is.

Yes I'm back, and yes my foot is in a cast

What does this mean? Well, for one it means I’m going to miss yet another ski season, as I’ll be in an air cast for the next 6-8 weeks. And that’s just if all goes well, it could actually be longer! But, I’m really just grateful that it happened after my trip.

And if you’re curious as to how I broke it? Well that’s easy. I fell down the stairs. Graceful I am not :)

The good news is that my cast allows me to stand comfortably long enough to cook, and I happen to have a whole backlog of recipes that I need to share anyway, so I plan to get this blog back into gear. So, hobble along with me and get ready to check out some really yummy appetizers just in time for the Super Bowl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 13 comments… add one }

• Mary January 21, 2014, 12:05 pm

I broke that same bone in my foot a couple years back, so I know how it hurts. Stay off it as much as you can!

• Barb January 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Thanks Mary, I fully intend to rest as much as I can :)

• Cadry January 21, 2014, 2:09 pm

I have loved seeing all of your photos on Instagram! It looks like it was an amazing trip! What a bummer about your stair accident! What is an air cast like? Will it be more comfortable than a cast or orthopedic shoe? I hope so! I hope that everything heals quickly for you!

• Barb January 21, 2014, 2:45 pm

It’s fairly comfortable… it’s one of those walking boots? Anyway, it takes the pressure off the bone, so that helps!

• Bianca- Vegan Crunk January 21, 2014, 2:59 pm

So sorry about your foot!! Having a fracture sucks so hard. Mine first one from August is healed I think, but now I have a new one on the side of my foot. Somehow it happened as the other was healing, even though I was wearing an orthopedic shoe. Now I’m in a walking boot. Hoping this one heals faster. I wanna be able to run by spring. :-) And I hope you heal quickly!!!!

• JL Fields January 22, 2014, 10:18 am

UGH! I’m so sorry to hear about your foot! This seems like a good time to enjoy those pictures and write about those memories – what a trip!

• Gabby @ the veggie nook January 22, 2014, 2:35 pm

Ouch! get better soon!

Can’t wait to hear our travel tips- the trip looks amazing!

• Reia@TheCrueltyFreeReview January 23, 2014, 7:31 pm

You and that damn foot! I can’t believe you broke it again. At least it happened after your trip, though I imagine that wouldn’t have stopped you from going :)

• Hannah January 24, 2014, 10:08 am

It looks like an incredible, completely enviable, once in a lifetime-sort of experience just from these few teaser photos! I can’t wait to hear all about it. But ouch, sorry about the foot. Here’s hoping you have a speedy and painless recovery.

• Angie January 24, 2014, 2:15 pm

Welcome back and I cannot wait to hear more about your trip!
    I am sorry about your foot! I am sending you lots of healing vibes!

• Vegan Thyme (Kelly) January 28, 2014, 9:21 am

Oh Baaaarb! I cannot believe you’ve hurt yourself–by falling, no less! I feel your pain and am prone to these things, as well. It gets better, I promise. It took eight weeks and I am fully back to my running self! I’m sending the healing vibes your way!
    Kelly

• Heather February 7, 2014, 11:35 am

Bummer about your injury!

The pics from your trip are amazing- what a once in a lifetime experience!

• Sophie February 9, 2014, 3:15 am

Hi, It is good to see that you are back from your amazing trip but too bad for your injury! :( Hang in there & good recovery!