Please tell me you’ve been to (graduated from!?) Nasoya’s Tofu U! It’s a fantastic online resource where you can learn more about tofu, find new recipes, and even download coupons. As a member of Nasoya’s Dean’s List, I’ve had the opportunity to share recipes, thoughts and opinions with other tofu-lovers, and it’s been a blast. This is one of the posts I put together for them, and would *love* it if you could head over there and check out the site and some of the work I’ve done there!
I’ve always enjoyed a thick, rich, creamy alfredo sauce, and I bet you have too. Who doesn’t? The good news is that even if you’ve gone dairy free (or just trying to cut out the fat and calories), those sauces can still be part of your diet!
I know you’re shaking your head in disbelief right now, but it’s true! I would never lie about something as serious as alfredo sauce. The fact is, Nasoya soft and silken tofu both make a wonderful substitute for the heavy cream many recipes call for. To prove it to you, I’m going to share one of my very favorite recipes: Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce! Simple stir it over your favorite pasta (I like mine with whole wheat fettuccine!) and enjoy. Then, try it in your favorite recipe!
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 package Nasoya soft tofu, drained
- ½ t chili powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon sea salt (depending on your affinity for salt!)
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- Handful of non-dairy mozzarella (if desired… it makes the sauce a bit “richer”)
- Fresh basil
- Water saute the onion and garlic in a good-sized pot for 6-7 minutes until soft, then place in a blender with the remaining ingredients (except the mozzarella).
- Blend until smooth then transfer back to the pan and place over low/medium heat, stirring often until it’s heated through. Stir in the mozzarella if you’re using it, and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Pour over freshly cooked pasta, top with basil, and serve immediately.
*I was provided compensation but the opinions are 100% mine!