I feel like I’ve fallen into this bloggery rut of disappearing for weeks at a time, popping up and apologizing and promising to do better, and then… disappearing again.
This time though! Really! I mean it!
As a peace offering I come bearing a recipe for delicious Grilled Carrots with a Sriracha Cream Sauce. If you haven’t tried grilling carrots yet, you’re missing out. The trick is to not overcook them- you want them to still have some bite, but with that delicious smokey almost-burnt-but-not-quite flavor.
These would make an excellent side dish for any upcoming cookout action!
- 12oz Mori Nu silken lite firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 tablepsoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1.5 - 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 12 carrots, fairly equal in size
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper for sprinkling
- Combine all ingredients except carrots and oil in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
- Wash, trim, and slice the carrots lengthwise in half or in thirds (depending on their size). Put them in to a zippy bag with 1 tablespoon water, with about 1" of the top left unsealed. Microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes, or until they're pretty flexible.
- Drizzle the carrots with a little bit of olive oil and grill on medium/high for 2-3 minutes. Brush with a bit more oil, flip, and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with S&P and drizzle with the sriracha sauce. Serve warm.