This isn’t a political blog and I’m not going to get political. I will say though that I’m in a bit of shock still and don’t really feel like blogging or pretending to be my usually cheery self… but I promised you this recipe and also #25 of my 40 Before 40 list is to rededicate myself to the blog, so here I am. Dedicated, but still SMH.
OK! I mentioned this bread in my recent review of Nocciolata hazelnut and cocoa spread, and it really is divine. A delicious way to make your kitchen smell amazing and your tummy happy. Especially with a chocolate spread on it.
Put this on your menu and bake some up this weekend. You wont regret it, and if you’re feeling like I am, maybe it’ll cheer you up a little bit too.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (2-3 medium)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 Follow Your Heart eggs
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, apple sauce, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan. Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- I recommend serving warm schmeared with something chocolatey!