Just a quick post today to say Happy Friday and I hope you all enjoyed your patriotic celebrations! Also? Thank you SO MUCH for all the congratulations on my Veganniversary! You guys really do rock! I’m at the dentist today having a permanent cap installed (ensconced?) so whatever you’re currently doing, you’re probably having more fun than I am
This pasta dish was equal parts spicy, creamy and rich: Cooper and I give it two paws up! I used Happy Herbivore’s alfredo recipe, and there’s plenty of tofu and tomatoes in there as well, making it pretty healthy for a pasta dish. I made a double batch and we had it for dinner twice, and the leftovers held up perfectly well in the fridge/microwave which is always a bonus, right?
Cajun Fettuccine with Tofu (Makes 4-5 servings)
Adapted from the non-vegan/vegetarian recipe
- TWO batches of Happy Herbivore’s Instant Vegan Alfredo Sauce (just the sauce, not the pasta!) (You can use AP flour- I did)
- 1.5 Tablespoons blackening spice
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and sliced
- 4-5 Servings of fettuccine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, if desired
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce, and taste-test. I added a dash of sea salt, but don’t add too much at this point- the blackening spice has some salt in it, too. Set aside.
- Cover both sides of the tofu with blackening spice and bake at 350 until dry and firm (but not overcooked!), about 10-15 minutes each side.
- Put 4 large servings of fettuccine on to boil, per package instructions.
- In a medium pan, water saute the garlic and grape tomatoes until soft and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Pour in the alfredo sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Dice the cooked tofu and add to the sauce mix. Mix well and taste-test, then add nutmeg, S & P as needed.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley