Korean food is generally known to be meat-heavy, but it doesn’t have to be. I never tried it when I was omni, but as a vegan have become a huge fan of the cuisine! I know it’s less mainstream than Chinese or Thai food, but I don’t think that’s fair. It’s delicious and flavorful and vegans everywhere should be enjoying it, and to help make that happen I’ve gathered together some of my very favorite Vegan Korean Recipes!
Some are mine, and some live on other vegan blogs, but they’re all delicious and worth trying, even if you’ve never had Korean food before. Give it a shot, I think you’ll be glad you did! I’ve separated them into categories so you can find the recipe you think you and those you cook for will be the happiest with. I’ve always found that when introducing new foods and flavors it can be helpful to do so using dishes people are already familiar with. Enjoy!
Vegan Korean Recipes with Tofu:
- Easy Korean BBQ Tofu: This is a great beginner recipe – you can rely on convenience foods to get you started!
- Tofu Kangjung (General Tso’s Tofu) from The Vegan 8 Korean
- Korean BBQ Tofu Tacos from Sara Moulton
- Spicy Korean Tofu with Pear Slaw from Vegetarian Times
- Vegan Bibimbap (Mixed Rice Bowl) from Peaceful Dumpling
Vegan Korean Recipes with Seitan and other Mock Meats:
- Korean BBQ & Kimchi Pizza: I love Korean BBQ, especially with seitan. I cannot tell you enough how perfectly the Korean flavors go with the meaty seitan!
- Korean BBQ Quesadillas and Subs
- Kogi-Style BBQ Seitan and Sriracha Pineapple Pizza
- Korean Seitan, Sugar Snap Peas and Coconut Jasmine Rice
- Sweet Potato and Korean BBQ Bites
- Vegan Bulgogi Sandwich (with Soy Curls) from Vegan 8 Korean
- BBQ Ribs with Spicy Korean BBQ Sauce from Delightful-Delicious-Delovely (who, as an added bonus, played Emily Valentine on thebestshowever!)
- Chap Chae with Tempeh from Healthy Green Kitchen
- Gochujang Tempeh & Blasted Broccoli from Vegan Miam
Vegan Korean Recipes with Veggies, Noodles, and Everything Else!
- Korean BBQ Chickpea Tacos, please!
- Kimchi Relish (one of my very favorite things!)
- Creamy Kimchi Pasta
- Pa Jun (Scallion Pancakes)
- Sesongyi-guyi (Sauteed King Oyster Mushrooms) from Vegan 8 Korean
- Oisobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi) from Tri Food
- Vegan Bibimbap from Mr. and Mrs. Vegan
- Korean Rice Cakes from Vegan Miam
- Oi Naengguk (Chilled Cucumber Soup) from Korean Bapsang
- Gamja Jorim (Korean Style Potatoes) from My Love for Cooking
- Yache Twigim (Korean Veggie Fries) from Kimchimari