As a brand advocate for Daiya, I’m lucky to be able to create delicious recipes using their fabulous products… and this is one of them! And believe me when I tell you, these Vegan Beer Cheese Nachos will knock your socks off!
Regular vegan nachos are faboo, don’t get me wrong… but when you add a little beer, it just makes it better. I’m not sure why, it just is. Want some more nacho porn?
That’s a whole lotta beer-cheesy goodness, isn’t it? And the best part is, once you get this beer cheese down, you can add any other toppings you want to make your dream nachos.
We both know you want these for dinner tonight, so go ahead. Make them. I wont tell anyone.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- ~1/2 bag Daiya cheddar shreds
- 1/2 -3/4 cup your favorite vegan beer
- 1 small sweet bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 3-4 dashes garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more!) chili powder
- Sliced vegan sausage (I used a bratworst-style sausage, and it tasted fabulous!)
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Chop your bell pepper and onion, and slice up the jalapeno. Water saute for 2-3 minutes, then set aside. Add the sliced sausage to the pan with a little non-stick spray, and fry until crispy on each side, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low/medium heat. Add flour and stir until it's basically a big glob. This is your roux. Stir in the beer and cheese until everything is smooth, and reduce heat to lowest setting. Stir in the garlic and chili powder, and taste test. Adjust as needed. Top your chips with the veggies, jalapenos, and sausage. Pour the cheese mixture over your chips, and serve immediately!
*I was provided free product, but the opinions are 100% mine!