You wouldn’t know it from my Recipes page, but I do eat a lot of salads. I just don’t tend to photograph and blog them. My bad, but it’s something I’m working on. Starting right here, right now, with this Buffalo Tofu n’ Corn Salad, I promise to post more healthy salad-y meals. K?
This is perfect for summer. Marinate some tofu in Franks wing sauce, shuck some corn, and then throw them both on the grill. While they’re cooking you can wash some lettuce and chop some veggies, and voila! Dinner! I served mine with vegan ranch dressing, but if you want to avoid those extra calories you could just do S&P and maybe a tiny bit of extra buffalo sauce. Yum.
The trick is to have perfectly cooked tofu.
I like to grill mine directly on the grates, without messing around with tin foil or anything like that. That way you get the nice black char on there. Just make sure you spray a little bit of non-stick on there first!
And as for the corn, I like to shuck them down to just one or two layers, then soak them for at least 10 minutes. That way you can grill them in the husk without them catching on fire. Fire = bad. Especially when it’s your dinner that’s burning. #wordsofwisdon
Who says salads have to be boring? Not me!
Ok, that’s all I got for ya today. I’m currently in Utah (hopefully having a blast!) and I’ll be back on Wednesday with pictures and who knows what else? Snake bites? Deliverance-type stories? There’s no way to tell for sure, so you better check back in then
- 1 block firm tofu
- Franks buffalo sauce
- 1 ear of corn
- 4 cups (or so) lettuce
- Veggies of choice (I used cukes, red bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, and avocado)
- Vegan ranch, if desired
- Press your tofu and slice into quarters. Slather with Franks and let marinade for at least an hour (or longer!) Shuck the corn down to just one or two layers and soak in cold water.
- Grill the tofu over medium heat for ~15 minutes each side, or until it's just the way you like it. The corn usually takes about 20 minutes on medium.
- While those are cooking, wash the lettuce and chop your vegetables. Slice the corn off the ear and cube the tofu. Sprinkle both over the salad and top with either S&P, more buffalo sauce, or vegan ranch... or all three! It's your salad ;)
- You could stretch the tofu to cover 3-4 salads if you like, but I'd add another ear of corn if you're doing that. And more salad too, of course!