Happy Monday, friends!
Oh, no one else is excited that it’s Monday? I get it. Mondays are tough. But maybe if you make these Vegan Buffalo Ranch Sweet Potato Tacos for dinner instead of whatever else you had planned, it’ll get you a little pumped up!?
I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. Although I didn’t get to clean out my garage as planned, since the dumpster the HOA (allegedly) ordered never showed up. That was kind of bummer because not only would it have felt good to finally get rid of all those old cabinets and such, it would’ve cleared up some much needed space in the garage. I have all these bricks that I pulled up from my patio, that are currently just piled around my front door. I need a better place to put them while I decide what I’m going to do with them. Like in the garage. So, basically, I really needed that damn dumpster.
Sally and I took a nice hike on Saturday morning. She’s become quite the little couch potato, and now that she’s starting to get older I need to keep her active so she’ll stay healthy. We did 4 miles in an open space just south of Denver, nothing too strenuous… although she was pretty pooped afterward:
Saturday afternoon was spent in the kitchen, and it wasn’t all that successful. I made meatballs that turned out pretty good, but the dish I tried to use them in was an unmitigated disaster. Not only did it not taste (or look!) good, my entire head ended up covered in habanero juice. There was some serious burning going on for the rest of the say. It wasn’t good.
These tacos turned out pretty great though: They’re a little sweet, just from the potato, and we all know how delicious vegan ranch and buffalo sauce are together! I whipped up a quick batch of sort-of coleslaw using the ranch dressing, and that made these tacos just perfect. I love the rich, creamy, crunch of a good coleslaw, don’t you?
The sweet potatoes themselves were grilled, because I really wanted those lovely dark grill marks on them… Although they’d be just as tasty however you want to cook them.
I served them with a side of raw sweet peppers and steamed broccoli because a girl can’t live on buffalo and ranch alone… Or can she?
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly diced (or finely chopped, haha!)
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan ranch dressing, plus more for drizzling
- 1 big sweet potato
- Oil for grilling or non-stick spray
- S&P to taste
- 1/2 cup Franks buffalo sauce, plus more for drizzling
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Mix the cabbage and bell peppers with the ranch dressing, and refrigerate until ready to assemble the tacos.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2" rounds and brush with a little buffalo sauce, and sprinkle with S&P. Spray your grill or veggie tray with a little non-stick, and grill until tender, 10-15 minutes each side. Chop into bite-sized pieces and toss in the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Build the tacos with the coleslaw on the bottom, then the potatoes. Drizzle with additional ranch and buffalo.
- Makes 4-6 tacos, depending on size