I promised you this a while back… sorry for the delay! This tofu ricotta is perfect for any recipe. When I’m using it in a lasagna or for stuffed shells I add the spinach, but sometimes I’ll leave it plain (like when I recently made spaghetti pie that also had kale). Mix up the seasonings a little bit, you can’t go wrong!
How should I use this tofu ricotta, you might be asking yourself? Well, how about… in a veggie lasagna with some lightly steamed squash and Daiya mozzarella? Or maybe on a Butternut Squash and Crispy Sage Pizza?
Stuffed shells… manicotti… spaghetti pie…
- 1 lb firm tofu, lightly pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heaping 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb sea salt (something like this),
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (if desired)
- A few pinches of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, olive oil and all the spiced pulsing until well mixed. You can also do this in a bowl, but make sure you use some serious elbow grease. You need this to be completely blended! Don't over mix though, you don't want the tofu to turn to mush.
- Add in your spinach, if you're using. I pretty much always add in the spinach unless the tofu ricotta is being added to a dish that already has greens. Taste, then add S&P as needed.
- Add to whatever pasta dish you're creating. Easy as (tofu ricotta) pie!
- Makes enough for one pan of lasagna, manicotti, stuffed shells, etc!