Here’s another veganization from my “before” life: Creamy Chipotle Corn Sauce! Although I can’t find the original recipe (which was definitely not vegan), I was able to come up with this version from memory. It’s spicy, and creamy and just a little bit sweet from the corn.
I served it on grilled tofu, but it would also be delicious on any kind of tofu, or with seitan, or roasted or grilled veggies. I in inadvertently had it mixed with jasmine rice and it was freaking delicious!
No matter what you put it on, it’s a great way to fancy up something that you’re maybe not to excited about. I get that way with tofu sometimes, and fun, delicious sauces like this help.
You know what else is supergreat about this recipe? It’s made with Vegenaise! They sent me a couple jars and asked me to participate in their #MayoKarma campaign. You can read more about it here, but the gist is: Better Taste, a Better You, and a Better World. A delicious product that is better for you, and is made without harming all those poor chickens. Win-win-win, right?
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, halved
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, roughly chopped, plus 1 teaspoon of the sauce
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise
- Dash of sea salt
- In your blender, pulse 1/2 the corn with the milk pepper and adobo sauce until mostly smooth.
- Combine with the rest of the corn, the mayo, and the sea salt. You can use at room temp OR heat in the microwave for just a few seconds.
- If using frozen corn, defrost and drain completely