This is an incredibly easy, really delicious pasta dish my friend Shawna shared with me. Rich, creamy Alfredo sauce (a’ la Happy Herbivore!), combined with tons of healthy veggies… does it get any better than that? We had leftovers, and they held up really well in the fridge for a couple of days. You know how dishes like this are- the flavors actually start to get better? Total yum! And it’s ridiculously easy, using a variety of convenience foods. No, this isn’t generally how I cook, but when you need to get dinner on the table (or on your lap in front of the TV) fast, this recipe is a life saver. The only part that takes any effort is the Alfredo sauce, and even that is done in under 15 minutes.
This was my first Vegan Alfredo Adventure, and I was really happy with how it turned out. The only adjustment I made to Lindsay’s recipe was to add salt. Oh, and I also used regular AP flour because I didn’t have any pastry flour on hand.
Creamy Pasta Alfredo with Spinach,Tomatoes and Mushrooms (Makes 4 servings)
- TWO batches of Happy Herbivore’s Instant Vegan Alfredo Sauce (just the sauce, not the pasta!)
- 1 10-12 oz can of diced Italian seasoned tomatoes
- 4 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 10-12 oz frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4-5 cups pasta, cooked
- Sea salt, if desired
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce, and taste-test. I added a couple teaspoons of sea salt to mine…
- Gently stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms,spinach and pasta, then test again. I might have added more salt to mine at this point