This Spicy Lentil Dip is delicious and easy and healthy, and kind of reminds me of that refried bean dip served in Mexican restaurants that’s usually not vegan.
All you need to make it are some cooked lentils, spices and a food processor so it’s perfect for a last minute snack. Yum.
Really Easy Spicy Lentil Dip (makes about 1 cup dip)
Adapted from Happy Herbivore Abroad taco meat recipe
- 1 cup cooked red or brown lentils
- 1.5 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 3-4 Tablespoons salsa
- 1/1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until smooth. Add more milk or salsa as needed to get desired consistency.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until warm. You might need to add more milk to keep it from drying out.