They’re just ridiculous. You should only make them if you’re prepared to eat them all yourself because I promise you, you wont want to share.
These Vegan Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes will turn you into a greedy jerk who hogs all the food.
My first week post-flu (but unfortunately not post-laryngitis) has just flown by. It’s nice to be back into a schedule and feeling normal. It’s especially wonderful to be able to get outside and enjoy all this sunshine and the mild temperatures.
Are you enjoying spring weather where you live?
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup *real* maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt plus a couple cracks of fresh black pepper
- 1 package vegan bacon (I used Lightlife Smart Bacon)
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- Wash and chop your potatoes, leaving the skin on. Mix in a large bowl with all other ingredients except the bacon and scallions.
- Transfer to baking sheet and spread out. Bake 45 minutes at 375.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, cook the bacon per package instructions. Chop and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, mix in the bacon and taste... I added a bit more salt and another drizzle of maple syrup at this point. Put under the broiler for 2-3 minutes on low to give everything a nice crispy edge.
- Top with scallions (and maybe another drizzle of syrup if you're crazy like me!), and serve immediately.
- I recommend adding a little applewood smoked seasalt to the bacon while you're cooking it!