This pizza dough is phenomenal! As you’ve seen, I’ve been on a bit of a pizza kick lately and this stuff is partly to blame – I just want to keep eating it no matter what’s on top! I make it using my (new to me) bread machine, which makes it so easy. I’ll never buy pre-made dough again!
The recipe is below, but first let’s take a little meander through the pizzas of the past…
There was my Korean Pizza with Kogi-Style:
My veg-tastic Grilled Veggie Pizza:
The “what was I thinking!?” BBQ Tater Tot Pizza:
The possibly-coma-inducing Cheesy Mac ‘n Rib Pizza:
The trend-following Breakfast Pizza:
And, finally, the veganized Thai Chik’n Pizza:
My Perfect Pizza Dough (makes one large pizza)
Recipe from Breville Custom Loaf owner’s manual
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water (80 degrees)
- 1 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- With the collapsible paddle attached and in the upright position, add all ingredients to the bread pan in the order listed above. Secure the bread pan inside the baking chamber, select “pizza dough” setting and press the start button.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and use the heel of your hand to flatten. Roll the dough into a circle then lift onto a pizza stone. Pull and press the dough as required to fit your stone. Shape a 1/2 inch “crust rim” around the edge, then top with sauce and toppings as desired.
- Depending on the toppings and amount of vegan cheese, bake on lowest rack for between 10-15 minutes.