There comes a time in every woman’s life when she has to decide – Chili Cheese Fries or Chili Cheese Red Potatoes? You can see which direction I went!
They were really easy to make. It went a little something like this….
- Mix a drink. Sip the drink while chopping potatoes. Try not to lose a finger.
- While the potatoes are roasting whip up a batch of The Easiest Vegan Chili Ever.
- Finish your drink, make another. Make one for Reia too because you’re a good hostess.
- Load the potatoes with chili and cheese and other toppings, and refresh your drinks.
- Eat and drink until you’re ready to pop.
In other news… I applied with a local rescue, Denver Dumb Friends League, to be a foster mama! It’s a really long process, and I probably wont be able to get any furry little butts into my home before December, but I’m excited. It’ll keep Sally from getting spoiled, and I think Cooper would like that I’m continuing to help doggies in need. I’ll keep you guys posted.
In the meantime, I’ma keep eating and posting. And watching football, because what better excuse is there for eating appetizers!? So eat up, friends… I’ll be back next week.
- 10 red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 batch Easy Vegan Chili
- Daiya cheddar shreds for topping
- Other veggies for topping, red onions, scallions, tomatoes, whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 400. Chop your potatoes into wedges or large chunks and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt & pepper. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tender, flipping once.
- Remove from the oven and plate the potatoes. Top with the hot chili, then the cheese. Put back under the broiler for just 30-60 seconds until the cheese melts. Top with veggies and serve!
- I used one of those super fancy infused olive oils from those super fancy olive oil stores. "Butter", but totally vegan!
- If your serving dish isn't oven safe, keep the potatoes on the baking sheet until after the cheese has been melted.